Orange cream cheese cookie cups
low fat cream cheese
8 oz, divided
2 tbsp(s), softened
whole wheat pastry flour
white all-purpose flour
unsweetened orange juice
1 tbsp(s), fresh
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 12-cup miniature muffin pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- To make cookie dough, combine 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) cream cheese and butter in medium bowl; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add milk and 15 ml (1 Tbsp) granulated sugar; beat until blended. Add all‐purpose flour, pastry flour, and salt, stirring until moist clumps form. Knead dough in bowl 4 times to form ball.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces (about 5 ml [1 heaping tsp] each). Roll 1 piece of dough into ball and use fingers to shape into 5‐cm (2‐in) round. Press into bottom and against side of prepared muffin cup. Repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
- To prepare filling, combine remaining cream cheese, remaining 75 ml (1⁄3 cup) granulated sugar, egg, orange zest and juice, and vanilla in food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Spoon 10 ml (2 tsp) filling into each dough cup. Bake until filling is set and edges of crust are golden, 18–20 minutes. With tip of small knife or with narrow metal spatula, lift out each cookie cup and let cool completely on wire rack. Top each cup with a raspberry. Place icing sugar in small sieve and sprinkle over cookies.
- Per serving: 1 cookie cup