Oprah’s 2020 Vision: Your Life in Focus chocolate-hazelnut pavlova nouveau
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
Fresh lemon juice
Packed brown sugar
Light corn syrup
1 oz, coarsely chopped about 2 1/2 tbsp
Unsweetened cocoa powder
60-69% dark chocolate
3 oz, melted, about 6 tbsp
Plain unsweetened almond milk
1 medium, medium, pitted and peeled
Cocoa swirl meringues
Uncooked edible flower(s)
1 cup(s), (optional), for garnish
- To make raspberry coulis, in small saucepan, stir raspberries, powdered sugar, lemon juice, and 2 tbsp water over medium heat until berries break down, about 5 minutes. Set fine-mesh strainer over small bowl and strain berries into bowl to remove seeds. Cover and refrigerate coulis for up to 1 week.
- To make lace cookies, preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In small saucepan, melt brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Remove from heat. Add flour and nuts and mix to combine. Transfer to heatproof container. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Cut dough into 12 equal portions and place on prepared baking sheet, spacing portions about 3 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Bake until dough bubbles, flattens completely, and turns dark brown and shiny and nuts are toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes.
- To make mousse, in food processor, purée cocoa powder, chocolate, agave, almond milk, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Add avocado and pulse in short bursts until avocado is completely incorporated and mousse is smooth.
- To assemble pavlova, transfer mousse to pastry bag. (Or transfer to resealable plastic bag. Press mousse into 1 bottom corner and cut off about 1/4 inch from corner.) On 12 plates, pipe 1 spiral of mousse down center of each plate, moving bag in circular motion as you pipe mousse. On each plate, arrange 1 meringue on each end of mousse. Over each plate, break 1 lace cookie into 2 or 3 pieces and arrange pieces around mousse. Using small spoon, dollop small drops of raspberry coulis around mousse on each plate. Garnish with edible flowers (if using).
- Serving size: 3 tbsp mousse, 2 meringues, 1 cookie, and 1 tbsp coulis