Mississippi Mud Cake
SmartPoints® value per serving
Traditionally known for its rich, dense texture, mud cake no longer has to weigh you down.
6 Tbsp, melted
Unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup(s), powder, sifted
White self-rising flour
⅓ cup(s), sliced, ground
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Coat base and sides of a 6-inch (15 cm) square nonstick pan with cooking spray.
- Combine margarine and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in cocoa, flours and almonds.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with electric mixers until soft peaks form. Fold into cocoa mixture.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake about 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan. Cut into 8 slices and serve.