Mini sous vide pumpkin pie by Chef Tyler
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 20 min
Inspired by the classic tradition of pumpkin flavoured treats in the Fall, these perfectly portioned mini desserts are a new way to satisfy your pumpkin pie craving.
Evaporated whole milk
- Using a sous vide setup, heat the water bath to 185°F.
- In a food processor, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice. Blend together until incorporated.
- Remove lid, add the eggs and blend again, until mixed. Add the evaporated milk and blend together one more time until smooth.
- Divide the filling into ten 125ml mason jars. Seal the lid firmly, but not too tight. Lower into the water bath and cook for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove jars from water bath and let cool 10 minutes. Place into the fridge and chill for 2 hours. Remove lid and serve, adding additional toppings if desired (see note).
Add whipped cream and crumbled wafer cookie for extra texture and flavour (will affect SmartPoints value)