Mini Shepherds Pie
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
1¼ pound(s), cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tsp(s), divided
1 medium, finely chopped
Fat free skim milk
Olive oil cooking spray
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
1 small, finely chopped
2 medium, finely chopped
1 clove(s), large, minced
Garlic herb seasoning
No salt added canned tomato sauce
Frozen cut green beans
1¼ cup(s), thawed
Low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place six 6-oz ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; add enough water to cover them and stir in 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to saucepan; stir in scallions, milk, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher until somewhat smooth; set aside.
- Meanwhile, coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, carrot, garlic, garlic seasoning and remaining 1/2 tsp salt; sauté, breaking up beef, until onions are translucent and carrots are just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce; remove from heat.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup beef mixture into each ramekin. Top each with a layer of green beans and a layer of mashed potatoes; sprinkle each with a Tbsp cheese. Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 shepherd’s pie