Mini eggplant margarita pizzas
SmartPoints® value per serving
Here’s a fabulous appetizer, or main meal when paired with a bowl of veggie soup or a salad.
1 medium, cut into twelve 1/4-inch-thick slices
Store bought marinara sauce
Crushed red pepper flakes
Fresh mozzarella cheese
4 oz, coarsely grated (1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange eggplant slices on prepared pan, leaving space between each. Roast until bottoms are well browned, 10-15 minutes; flip over. Roast until evenly browned, 10 minutes more. Cool for 5 minutes on an oven-safe wire rack.
- Combine marinara sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Spread 2 tsp sauce across each cooled eggplant slice (on wire rack); top each with 1/2 tablespoon mozzarella.
- Carefully place rack on prepared pan; bake until cheese melts, 5 minutes. Garnish each eggplant round with a basil leaf; serve immediately.
- Serving size: 3 eggplant rounds
A tasty addition to this recipe would be thinly sliced turkey pepperoni (will affect SmartPoints).