Mexican Meatloaf (Freezer-friendly)
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 5 min
Turn up the heat up on this zesty meatloaf by adding hot green chilies or chipotle peppers. Or swap the tomato sauce for your favourite hot salsa.
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
Uncooked rolled oats
1 medium, finely chopped
Canned green chili peppers
4 oz, mild, diced
Canned tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, except half of tomato sauce, together in a large mixing bowl. Set remaining tomato sauce aside. Spoon meatloaf mixture into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Spoon remaining sauce over meatloaf and cook 5 minutes more. Slice into eight pieces.
- Freezing and thawing instructions: If freezing, bake meatloaf for 60 minutes only. Cool, remove from pan, wrap in foil and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw in refrigerator and reheat in oven at 350°F for 30 minutes. Top with 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and bake for 5 minutes more.
- This recipe is part of our Cook Ahead and Freeze Series. Find mouth-watering recipes that’ll help you put meals on the table in minutes during stressful or busy times. Homemade ‘fast-food’ was never so easy and healthy ‘frozen dinners’ never tasted so good! Try some of our other fabulous freezable recipes such as Chile-Spiced Red Snapper and Couscous Stew, Turkey and Mango Picadillo, Mustard-Dill Chicken in Foil Packs and Roasted and Stuffed Smothered Eggplant.