Mexican breakfast burritos
Light sour cream
Fat free salsa
½ medium, chopped
1 medium, chopped
Regular liquid egg substitute
Whole wheat tortilla(s)
Low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
¾ cup(s), or Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper to skillet and sauté until slightly softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together egg substitute, salt, cumin and cayenne; pour into skillet after vegetables are softened. Scramble mixture until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place a tortilla on a square of aluminum foil big enough to wrap tortilla in when rolled up; spoon about 125ml (1/2 cup) egg mixture down centre of tortilla. Top with 30ml (2 Tbsp) each salsa mixture and cheese; fold up burrito-style and wrap tightly with foil. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake until heated through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Yields 1 burrito per serving.