Maple-Pecan Grilled Bananas
1 - 3
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Bananas grill right in their skins and become deliciously caramelized with a coating of maple syrup. A sprinkle of toasted pecans makes them even more special.
2 large, ripe but firm
2 tbsp(s), (30 ml)
¼ tsp(s), (1 ml)
2 tsp(s), (10 ml) divided
Olive oil cooking spray
- Trim stem ends of bananas; halve lengthwise through peels (leave peels on) and set aside.
- Put pecans in a small nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until pecans smell toasted, 4 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Off heat, coat an outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan with cooking spray; heat to medium.
- Sprinkle cut sides of bananas with cinnamon; lightly brush with 5 ml (1 tsp) maple syrup. Cook, cut sides-down, until grill marks appear, 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until bananas start to pull away from peel and soften, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove bananas from grill; place on a serving platter. Brush cut sides of bananas with remaining 5 ml (1 tsp) maple syrup; sprinkle with pecans (dust with additional cinnamon, if desired).
- Serving size: 1 banana half with 7 ml (1/2 Tbsp) pecans.
Chop the bananas and serve over Greek yogurt, low-fat ice cream or whole grain waffles.