Lemony Pasta with Spring Peas & Shrimp
Uncooked chickpea pasta
6 oz, or lentil pasta
2 tsp(s), divided
1 pound(s), peeled, deveined (26 to 30 total)
½ tsp(s), divided, plus more for salting the pasta water
½ tsp(s), divided
3 item(s), finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
Uncooked green peas
1 cup(s), fresh or thawed frozen
¼ cup(s), chopped, plus more for garnish
Reduced fat cream cheese
¼ cup(s), at room temperature
2 tsp(s), finely grated (from about 2 lemons) plus lemon wedges for serving
- Bring a medium pot of generously salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil on medium-high. Add the shrimp and season with 1⁄4 tsp salt and 1⁄4 tsp black pepper. Cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes, tossing once. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tsp oil on medium. Add the shallots and cook, until softened, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally and scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the peas and cook until tender and heated through, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta. Add the pasta and 1⁄3 cup of the reserved cooking water to the skillet. Add the shrimp, chives, cream cheese, lemon zest, and the remaining 1⁄4 tsp salt and 1⁄4 tsp black pepper and toss to combine. Add more cooking water if the pasta is too dry.
- Divide the pasta among 4 bowls. Garnish with additional chopped chives. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- Per serving ( 1 1⁄2 cups)