Lemon cookie snaps
¼ cup(s), softened
Uncooked egg yolk(s)
Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp(s), finely chopped
Reduced-fat sour cream
2 spray(s), flour-variety recommended
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg yolks and combine thoroughly. Add lemon juice and zest; beat well. Add sour cream and a small amount of flour mixture; beat to combine. Add rest of flour mixture and mix thoroughly. Turn dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Tear off heaping tablespoons of dough and roll into balls; place about 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press each ball down with palm of your hand to flatten. Press tines of a fork across cookies in one direction to make lines. Press tines of a fork across cookies in opposite direction to make a cross-hatch pattern.
- Bake until edges of cookies turn golden, about 9 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on cookie sheets for 1 or 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 2 cookies per serving.