Layered mason jar quinoa and veggie salad
1 cup(s), red variety
Fresh lemon juice
Uncooked string beans
¾ pound(s), chopped into bite-size pieces
2 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
Canned corn kernels
1 small, seeded and finely chopped
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 cup(s), diced
1 medium, finely diced
½ tsp(s), or to taste
1 pinch, freshly ground
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions; fluff with a fork and let cool to room temperature.
- Blanch green beans in salted water; drain and toss with dill.
- Toss corn with jalapeno.
- Evenly divide and layer corn, quinoa, red pepper, green beans and nectarine among 8 pint-size mason jars (leave at least 1-inch space from neck of jar); screw lid on and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Whisk together lemon zest and juice, oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper iin a bowl.
- When ready to serve, spoon 1 Tbsp dressing into each jar and shake to coat evenly.