Korean Food Truck Tacos
Fresh garlic scapes
3 medium, minced
1 tbsp(s), minced, and peeled
Dark sesame oil
Uncooked top round steak free range Buffalo
1½ pound(s), trimmed
1 cup(s), matchstick cut
3 large, cut into thin matchsticks
2 medium, thinly sliced on diagonal
6 inch flour tortilla
16 item(s), warmed
Gochujang hot pepper paste
8 tsp(s), or sriracha, to taste
2 large, cut lengthwise into very thin slices
1 item(s), cut into 8 wedges
- In a large zip-close plastic bag, combine soy sauce, 2 tbsp water, garlic, ginger, honey, and sesame oil. Add beef and turn to coat. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, turning bag over once or twice.
- Transfer beef with marinade to a 5- or 6-qt slow cooker. Cover and cook until beef is fork-tender, 6 to 7 hours on Low.
- Meanwhile, to make slaw: In a medium bowl, toss together carrots, radishes, scallions, vinegar, and salt.
- With two forks, shred beef in slow cooker; stir until coated with cooking juices.
- Lay tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1/2 tsp gochujang along center of each tortilla. Spoon 1/4 cup shredded beef over gochujang. Drizzle with pan juices; top each taco with 3 tbsp slaw, a few slices cucumber, and a few cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges or squeeze juice over top.
- Per serving: 2 tacos