Korean Chicken Drumsticks
Uncooked, chicken drumstick, skinless with bone
36 oz, 8 x 4½-ounces
Rice wine vinegar
Dark sesame oil
3 clove(s), medium, minced
2 tsp(s), grated, peeled fresh
Unpacked light brown sugar
Sriracha hot sauce
Uncooked bok choy
8 oz, halved lengthwise
2 tsp(s), black or white or a combination
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line small rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Using sharp knife, cut shallow slits in drumsticks (do not cut to bone). Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic, ginger, sriracha, and brown sugar in small bowl. Pour half of sauce over drumsticks and turn to coat. Bake 15 minutes.
- Turn drumsticks and spoon remaining sauce over. Bake until chicken is tender and sauce is slightly sticky, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and juices to plate and cover with foil to keep warm. (If you like, reduce the pan juices to a glaze by simmering them over medium-low heat in a small saucepan until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, bring water to boil in bottom of steamer basket; place bok choy in basket and steam until bright green and just tender, 4–5 minutes. Place drumsticks on platter, drizzle with pan juices, surround with bok choy. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Per serving: 2 drumsticks and 1 baby bok choy