Korean beef stew
1 item(s), small size, cored and cut into chunks
1 item(s), halved
4 clove(s), medium, peeled
1 piece(s), 1 ( 1 1/2-inch) fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
Low sodium soy sauce
Ancho chili powder
2 tsp(s), or gochugaru
Uncooked lean trimmed boneless chuck steak
1 pound(s), or lean boneless beef short ribs, trimmed and cut into 2-inch chunks
Uncooked baby carrots
12 item(s), or baby-cut carrots (3/4-pound)
Uncooked bok choy
10 oz, 4 (5-ounce) baby variety, halved or quartered lengthwise
Unsalted toasted sesame seeds
- Combine pear, shallot, garlic, ginger, vinegar, water, and soy sauce in blender; puree. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons gochugaru.
- Press Sauté on 6-quart Instant Pot; set cooking time for 15 minutes. When Hot is displayed, spray beef with nonstick spray; place in pot. Cook, turning, until browned. Add pear mixture. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 35 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure. Remove lid. Place carrots in pot. Top with bok choy, cut-side up. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 2 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to Venting position to quickly release pressure. Remove lid. With tongs, transfer vegetables and beef to platter. Cover to keep warm.
- Skim off fat from liquid. Whisk water and cornstarch in cup; stir into pot. Press Sauté and set cooking time for 15 minutes. Bring to boil; cook, uncovered, about 1 minute. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Spoon sauce over beef and vegetables. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and remaining 1/2 teaspoon gochugaru.
- Single Serving: 2 pieces beef, 2 pieces bok choy, 3 carrots, and 1/4 cup sauce