1¼ fl oz
Liquid egg substitute
Light cream cheese
8 oz, softened
Unsweetened orange juice
Fat-free skim milk
Regular vanilla pudding mix
1 package(s), 3.4 ounces
Unprepared devil's food cake
18¼ oz, one package, (or white cake mix if preferred)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat two 12-cup muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions, except use applesauce and egg substitute in place of oil and whole eggs; pour batter into muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually add orange juice while continuing to beat.
- Beat together skim milk and pudding in a separate bowl for 2 minutes (add a few drops of red and yellow food coloring to turn the frosting orange, if desired). Fold cream cheese mixture into pudding mixture.
- After cupcakes have cooled, spread each one with frosting; design your own faces on each with icing. Note: Store any uneaten cupcakes in refrigerator.