Individual Apple-Cinnamon Pies
Olive oil cooking spray
1½ pound(s), Honeycrisp variety, peeled, diced
Dark brown sugar
Apple cider (fermented)
Fresh lemon juice
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large-size muffin tin with cooking spray (diameter of each opening is 3 3/8-in at top; 3-in on bottom)
- Place apples, sugar, apple cider, cinnamon, lemon juice and salt in a small saucepan; heat over medium-low heat, stirring often, until apples begin to soften, about 6-8 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with water in a small cup; stir into apple mixture.
- Use a 4-in diameter glass or circle cookie cutter to cut 8 circles out of piecrust (re-roll scraps with a rolling pin as needed to cut the last circle). Place crust circles in bottom of prepared muffin holes; press down on bottoms and slightly up sides. Evenly divide apple mixture among crusts.
- Bake until crusts are browned and filling is bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan. Store at room temperature until ready to serve; dust with powdered sugar.