Indian-spiced cauliflower and potato mash
1 head(s), medium, medium, cut into florets
1 pound(s), peeled, cut into pieces same size as florets
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Heavily coat a nonstick baking sheet or pan with cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower and potatoes on prepared baking sheet in a single layer; coat with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne; sprinkle over potato mixture and toss to coat. Roast in oven until tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Scrape potato mixture into a large mixing bowl, making sure to get any seasoning stuck to pan; add buttermilk and mash until desired consistency.
- Yields about 2/3 cup per serving.