Indian cucumber soup
1 small, finely chopped
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
2 tbsp(s), finely chopped
Sweetened coconut flakes
1 medium, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tsp(s), optional
- In a medium pan, saute onion and green pepper in vegetable oil until tender.
- Add coconut and curry powder and cook until curry darkens, about 1 minute.
- Stir in cucumber, salt and water.
- Bring to a boil, simmer 10 minutes.
- Chill, then stir in buttermilk.
- Just before serving, coat a small saute pan with cooking spray and saute mustard seeds (if using), covered, until they pop.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with mustard seeds.