Hummus (slow cooker)
SmartPoints® value per serving
The Instant Pot does some things better than any gadget we know: chicken stock to rival a restaurant, deeply flavored applesauce, perfectly hard-boiled eggs with shells that fall right off. Here are six essential recipes for your arsenal. You’ll use them again and again.
½ item(s), juice
2 clove(s), medium
- Put 1 cup dried chickpeas in a 6-qt Instant Pot; add enough water to cover by 1 inch (about 4 cups) and 1 tsp kosher salt.
- Lock lid, making sure vent is closed. Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure; set cooking time for 45 minutes.
- When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Allow pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes. Move steam release valve to Venting position to release remaining pressure. Remove lid.
- Drain chickpeas, reserving about 1/2 cup liquid. Transfer chickpeas to food processor or blender.
- Add 1/4 cup bean liquid along with 1/3 cup tahini, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 or 2 garlic cloves, and salt to taste. Process until smooth adding more bean liquid if needed.
- Adjust seasoning.