Honey Date Scones
These scones will impress friends who drop in for Sunday brunch. Serve them with a drizzle of honey or an assortment of jams.
6 medium, chopped
Fat-free skim milk
1 tbsp(s), extra
- Preheat oven to 450°F (240°C). Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Sift flour and cinnamon into a bowl. Using your fingertips, rub margarine into flour.
- Combine honey, milk and water and stir into flour mixture along with dates. Mix until it forms a firm dough.
- Sprinkle extra flour over a cutting board and gently knead dough.
- Pat dough out to a 3/4-inch (2 cm) thickness. Using a 2-inch (5 cm) scone cutter, cut dough into 12 rounds and place on baking sheet.
- Coat lightly with cooking spray and bake in oven for 15 minutes.