SmartPoints® value per serving
So much tastier than the packaged kind. Make a big batch and freeze them – they defrost beautifully at room temperature.
White wheat bread
1 tbsp(s), extra-virgin
1 clove(s), medium, peeled and crushed whole
2 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
1 tbsp(s), fresh, flat-leaf, chopped
- While still frozen, remove crusts from bread; chop into bite-size pieces. Lightly coat bread with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add bread and salt; increase heat to medium and cook, tossing frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add dill and parsley; sauté until croutons are lightly browned, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; discard garlic clove. When croutons are completely cool, store in a tightly sealed container.
- Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.
You can also bake these in the oven, if desired.