Herb & Mushroom Stuffed Turkey Breast
TruLOCAL Organic turkey breasts
2 cup(s), sliced
1 clove(s), medium, minced
Fresh unpeeled Red Delicious apple slice(s)
1 medium, McIntosh, peeled, cored and diced
2 tsp(s), minced
2 pinch, minced
2 tbsp(s), minced
¼ cup(s), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place turkey breasts on a cutting board between two sheets of waxed paper. Using a mallet, flatten turkey breasts evenly until they are about ½ inch thick all around. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat and then add leeks, mushrooms and a pinch of sea salt. Cook vegetables for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add apple, garlic and herbs and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes until vegetable mixture has wilted and reduced in size. Add chopped walnuts and stir to combine.
- Lay the turkey breasts on a cutting board and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Spread half of the mushroom mixture on top of each turkey breast, leaving about ¼ inch to the edge.
- Starting with one short end, gently roll each turkey breast together like a log, completely enclosing the stuffing.
- Using butcher’s twine, tie the turkey breasts closed with evenly spaced ½ inch intervals.
- In the same skillet used for the stuffing, gently brown the stuffed turkey breasts 1-2 minutes per side.
- Transfer turkey breasts to a large baking dish and transfer to the oven for 45-60 minutes, or until turkey breasts reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove turkey breasts from the oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Remove the twine and slice the turkey into ½ inch slices. Serve immediately with sides of your choice.