Healthier eggs benedict with back bacon
White wine vinegar
1 tbsp(s), or apple cider vinegar
4 large, at room temperature
Uncooked Canadian bacon
Reduced calorie mayonnaise
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
2 tsp(s), at room temperature
Light English muffin
2 item(s), whole grain, split and toasted
½ medium, cut into 4 thick slices
2 tbsp(s), chopped
- Fill a large skillet halfway up with water and bring to a boil. Add vinegar; reduce heat so water is barely simmering.
- One at a time, break eggs into small cup, then slide into water. Cook eggs until whites set, about 4 minutes; with slotted spoon, transfer eggs to paper towels to drain.
- Pour out water and wipe skillet dry; add bacon and cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until bacon is heated through, about 1 minute per side.
- To make sauce, whisk mayonnaise, yogourt, mustard, lemon zest, and lemon juice together in small microwavable bowl; microwave on High until hot, about 30 seconds, then stir in butter until melted
- Top each toasted muffin half with 1 slice tomato, 1 slice bacon, an egg and about 2 tablespoons sauce; sprinkle with chives.