Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
This recipe is from Schreiber Foods.
½ cup(s), chopped, yellow - finely chopped
½ cup(s), red, finely chopped
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
Taco seasoning mix
3 tbsp(s), reduced-sodium
Fat free salsa
8 leaf/leaves, large, large
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ cup(s), sliced, finely chopped
1 cup(s), finely diced
¼ cup(s), finely chopped
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat combine 1 Tbsp. olive oil, bell pepper, and ½ cup yellow onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until onions become translucent.
- And ground turkey to the skillet; cook for 5-7 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning and salsa, stir well, and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and let turkey taco mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, fill each lettuce cup up with equal amounts of ground turkey mixture; top with shredded cheese, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro.
- Serving size: 2 lettuce cups