Grilled vegetable and chicken skewers with creamy pesto
3 cup(s), lightly packed
Fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp(s), or less to taste
2 clove(s), medium
Crushed red pepper flakes
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1¼ pound(s), cut in 16 chunks
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 large, cut in 16 chunks
1 medium, halved lengthwise, each half cut in 8 chunks
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, cut in 16 chunks
Low fat cream cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese to mixture in blender; blend until smooth. Scrape creamy pesto into a serving bowl, cover and set aside for dipping sauce.
- Off heat, coat grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Evenly divide chicken and vegetables among 8 skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water 20 minutes prior to use to prevent charring).
- Grill skewers, turning as needed, until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove skewers to a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired, and serve with creamy pesto dipping sauce.
- Serving size: 2 skewers and about 2 Tbsp sauce