Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Uncooked portabella mushroom(s)
4 medium, caps, stems removed, wiped clean with a damp paper
Olive oil cooking spray
Roasted red peppers (packed in water)
2 cup(s), water-packed, diced
1 tsp(s), about 1 small clove
1 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
1 tbsp(s), extra-virgin
¼ pinch, freshly ground
1 oz, Parmigiano Reggiano suggested, thinly sliced*
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and rub underside of each with 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place mushrooms on grill, underside down and cook, covered, about 4 to 5 minutes. Uncover, flip mushrooms with tongs and then cook for 4 to 5 minutes more; remove to a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine red pepper, garlic, basil, oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut cooled mushrooms into quarters; top each quarter with about 2 tablespoons of red pepper and a few pieces of cheese. Yields 4 quarters per serving.