Grilled stuffed jalapeños with chicken chorizo
You’ll need a jalapeño grilling rack for this crowd-pleasing Mexican snack. Look for one at a kitchenware store or an online cookware website.
9 oz, (255g)
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
⅓ cup(s), minced
- In a medium bowl, combine sausage, cheese and scallions.
- Slice off stem and about 0.6 cm (1/4 inch) top of each jalapeño.
- Using a small paring knife, seed and devein jalapeños; stuff each with 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sausage mixture and stand in grilling rack.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Set jalapeño grilling rack on grill over indirect heat (just to the side of the heat). Cover and grill until jalapeños are softened and somewhat blistered, about 30 minutes; cool in rack for a few minutes before serving warm.
Serving size: 1 stuffed jalapeño.