Grilled Spicy Korean Pork Chops and Onions
1 tbsp(s), peeled, grated
Packed brown sugar
1 tbsp(s), divided
Uncooked lean bone-in center rib pork chop or roast
16 oz, 4 (4-oz) pork chops
2 medium, sweet variety, cut crosswise into 1⁄2-inch slices
Dark sesame oil
- In shallow dish, stir ginger, sambal oelek, 2 tsp brown sugar, and soy sauce. Add pork and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Off heat, coat grill rack or grill pan with nonstick spray. Preheat gas grill or grill pan to medium-high, or prepare medium-high fire in charcoal grill.
- Coat onion slices on both sides with nonstick spray and transfer to grill. Remove pork from marinade. (Discard marinade.) Transfer pork to grill. Cook onions until browned and tender, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Cook pork, turning occasionally, until pork is glazed and browned and instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 145°F, about 15 minutes. Transfer pork to cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Transfer onions to large bowl.
- Add vinegar, oil, salt, and remaining 1 tsp brown sugar to onions and toss to coat. Serve pork chops with onions.
- Serving size: 1 pork chop and 1⁄2 cup onions