Grilled Scallops with Honeydew-Jalapeno Salsa
1½ pound(s), sea variety (about 28 scallops)
2 cup(s), diced
4 small, mini variety, peeled and diced (about 1 heaping cup)
1 tbsp(s), finely diced, or more to taste
2 medium, thinly sliced
2 cup(s), loosely packed, coarsely chopped (plus extra sprigs for garnish)
Fresh lime juice
- If there is a small muscle on the side of a scallop, remove it. Rinse scallops well and pat dry with paper towel; set aside in refrigerator.
- Combine honeydew, cucumbers, jalapeño, scallions, chopped cilantro, lime zest and juice, ½ tsp salt and 1 Tbsp oil in a medium bowl; toss to combine, then set aside.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat (it should be quite hot). Thread scallops onto 2 parallel skewers (this will make them easier to turn); place on a baking sheet or plate. Coat with remaining 1 Tbsp oil, remaining ½ tsp salt and black pepper to taste.
- Grill scallops until well-marked and just cooked through, flipping once, 2-3 minutes per side (or to desired doneness). Serve with salsa, sprinkled with cilantro sprigs.
- Serving size: 7 scallops, 3/4 cup salsa