Grilled Meatball Kebabs
Dried plain breadcrumbs
Uncooked lean ground beef
¾ oz, grated (about 1/4 cup)
2 clove(s), medium, coarsely chopped
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, cut into sixteen chunks
1 medium, cut into sixteen 1-inch pieces
- Soak eight 10-inch skewers in water to prevent them from burning on grill.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and milk; set aside 5 minutes. Heat grill.
- In food processor, combine beef, cheese, egg whites, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Strain bread crumbs and squeeze lightly to extract excess milk. Add to beef mixture and process just until blended.
- With moistened hands, shape mixture into 16 meatballs, about 2 inches in diameter. Holding two skewers at a time, alternately thread 4 chunks of red pepper, 4 chunks of onion and 4 meatballs onto parallel skewers, beginning with pepper. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- On lightly oiled grill, cook kebabs for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating about every 2 minutes to cook evenly. Meatballs should be just cooked through, but not overcooked.