Grilled Greek chicken breast Created by Coach Emily
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), (2 large breasts)
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 item(s), zested and grated
4 clove(s), medium, (or 5), pressed or minced
½ tsp(s), freshly ground
- Place chicken pieces in a freezer bag or a bowl and set aside.
- Add Greek yogurt and olive oil to a medium size bowl. Zest lemon and add to bowl. Juice lemon into the same bowl with the zest. Add minced garlic, oregano, kosher salt, and black pepper to the lemon juice and zest and stir. Pour half of the marinade into the freezer bag or the bowl with the chicken pieces and reserve the other half of the marinade for basting.
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes or up to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to grill, prepare the grill by lightly oiling the grate with vegetable oil or cooking spray and set to medium high heat.
- Grill the chicken, basting with the reserved marinade and turning often so each side browns and has light grill marks, until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serving size: 1/2 chicken breast