Grilled Flank Steak with Carrot Top Salsa Verde
Uncooked lean flank steak
1 pound(s), (450 g)
½ tsp(s), (2 ml)
¼ pinch, (1 ml) freshly ground
1 cup(s), (250 ml)greens only, lightly packed (about 1/2 oz)
1 tbsp(s), (15 ml) finely chopped
2 tsp(s), (10 ml) rinsed and drained
½ clove(s), small, minced
½ tsp(s), (2 ml) finely chopped
⅛ tbsp(s), (2 ml)
¼ tsp(s), (1 ml)
1 tsp(s), (5 ml)
- Coat a grill rack or grill pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak until desired degree of doneness, 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board; let rest 10 minutes.
- While steak is cooking, combine carrot greens, shallot, capers, garlic, tarragon, anchovy paste and mustard in a mini food processor; pulse until a coarse puree. Add oil; pulse just to combine. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in 5 - 10 ml (1-2 tsp)water to thin mixture slightly.
- Thinly slice steak across grain.
- Stir vinegar into salsa just before serving; serve salsa over steak or on the side.
- Serving size: 85 g(3 oz)steak and 30 ml(2 Tbsp)salsa