Grilled chicken and shrimp satay skewers
Asian fish sauce
Fresh lime juice
1 tsp(s), fresh
1 clove(s), medium, minced
Fresh boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
8 large, peeled, deveined
Powdered peanut butter
Jarred curry sauce
Light unsweetened coconut milk
- To prepare skewers, combine 1 TB fish sauce, 1 TB lime juice, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp agave, and 1 minced garlic clove in a shallow dish.
- Marinate chicken tenderloins in marinade in refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, place chicken on small skewers.
- Skewer two shrimp each on remaining 4 skewers.
- Whisk together 3 Tbsp light coconut milk, 3 Tbsp peanut butter powder, 1 Tbsp water, 1 tsp fish sauce, 1 tsp red curry paste, and 1 tsp lime juice.
- Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Cook chicken and shrimp skewers for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Garnish with optional diced cucumber and fresh cilantro and serve with Satay Sauce.
- Serving size: 1 skewer and 1 TB satay sauce