Grilled Chicken and Cheese Burritos
1 tsp(s), (5 ml) smoked
1 tsp(s), (5 ml)
¾ tsp(s), (4 ml)
¼ pinch(es), (1 ml) freshly ground
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), (450 g)
Canned black beans
15 oz, (425 g) drained and rinsed
1 tbsp(s), (250 ml) (tomatillo)
¼ cup(s), (60 ml)
3 medium, (10-inch)
2 cup(s), (500 ml)
Semisoft goat cheese
6 tbsp(s), (90 ml)
Shredded red cabbage
1 cup(s), (250 ml)
- In a cup or small bowl, combine paprika, cumin, salt and pepper; spread evenly over chicken. Coat both sides of chicken with cooking spray.
- Off heat, coat a large grill pan or outdoor grill with cooking spray. Preheat to mediumhigh heat.
- Grill chicken, flipping once, until cooked through, 4–5 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board; cover loosely with foil and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine beans and 75 ml (1/3 cup) salsa in microwavable mixing bowl; cover with wax paper. Microwave on High until beans are hot; 2 minutes and then stir in cilantro. Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Cut chicken into strips. Put 1 tortilla on a work surface and place 150 ml (2/3 cup) spinach down centre; top with 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cheese, 125 ml (1/2 cup) bean mixture, 250 ml (1 cup) chicken and 75 ml (1/3 cup) cabbage. Fold short sides over filling, then roll up jellyroll style to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients; cut each burrito crosswise in half and serve with remaining salsa.
- Serving size: 1/2 burrito and generous 15 ml (1 Tbsp) salsa