Grilled baby peppers in oregano vinaigrette
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Widely available in most markets, sweet baby bell peppers grill up beautifully when skewered and tossed in a flavourful vinaigrette.
1 tsp(s), minced (plus extra for garnish)
1 tsp(s), extra virgin
White wine vinegar
Sweet mini baby bell pepper(s)
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, oil, vinegar, garlic salt and cumin.
- Place peppers in a large bowl and drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Evenly divide peppers among 6 long metal or wooden skewers, threading them width-wise (make sure to soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before use).
- Off heat, coat a grill rack or grill pan with cooking spray; heat over high heat. Cook peppers, flipping once, until evenly charred, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill and serve warm or at room temperature; garnish with oregano if desired.
- Yields 1 skewer per serving.
You do not have to remove the stems and seeds from the peppers. Simply cut off the stems as you eat the peppers (or hold the stems in your hand and bite off the rest of the pepper). There are usually very few seeds in baby peppers. You can either eat the few seeds in each pepper or cut them out if you prefer.