Grilled Asian Burgers with Onion and Pineapple
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
¼ cup(s), sliced
1 tbsp(s), freshly grated
4 slice(s), four 1/2-inch-thick rings
Uncooked vidalia onion(s)
½ medium, or other sweet onion, cut into four 1/4-inch-thick rounds
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, scallions, teriyaki sauce, ginger and garlic until thoroughly mixed; form into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Lightly coat burgers, pineapple and onion with cooking spray; place on grill. (Make sure to spray them away from heat.)
- Grill pineapple, turning once until lightly charred, about 4 minutes; remove from grill. Grill burgers and onions, turning once, until burgers are desired degree of doneness and onions are lightly charred and tender, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- To serve, place 1 burger on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1 slice of onion (separated into rings) and 1 slice of pineapple; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Yields 1 burger per serving.