Gingerbread meringue tarts
4 item(s), at room temperature
1½ tsp(s), divided
1 tsp(s), divided
½ tsp(s), divided
¼ tsp(s), divided
Lite whipped topping
2 medium, peeled, segmented
Fresh mint leaves
2 tbsp(s), thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make meringue: Hand stir egg whites, sugar, and salt together in a bowl over pot of simmering water until sugar is dissolved and mixture is hot, 2 minutes; remove from heat (egg whites will be foamy).
- Beat egg white mixture with electric mixer (use whisk attachment) on high until cool and stiff peaks form, 8–10minutes; stir in vanilla and meringue spices. Evenly divide into 8 mounds, 8 cm (3¼ inches) high, on prepared sheet. Use back of a spoon to create slight depressions in center
- Bake meringues 4 hours; turn off oven and let rest in oven to cool and dry, about 2 hours. Stir together light topping, vanilla, and topping spices. (May be made up to 1 day ahead.)
- Spoon 3 45 ml (3 Tbsp) topping, orange segments, and mint leaves onto each meringue. Serve.