Garlic-Herb Roasted Pork Loin with Pear-Applesauce
Uncooked lean only pork loin
3 pound(s), use 1 whole 3 lb boneless roast
2 tbsp(s), fresh, chopped
2 tbsp(s), chopped
½ pinch, freshly ground
1 gm(s), ripe, peeled, cored and diced
¼ cup(s), fresh, chopped
1 clove(s), medium, cut into thin slivers
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. With a small knife, poke about 24 slits into pork; insert garlic slivers into slits.
- In small bowl, combine rosemary, thyme, oil, salt and pepper; rub mixture all over pork, pushing some of mixture into slits.
- Line a large roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil (for easy clean-up). Place pork on a rack in prepared pan; roast, uncovered, until a meat thermometer inserted in centre of pork registers 160ºF, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine applesauce, pears and chives.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and let stand for 15 minutes. Slice pork and arrange on serving platter; spoon any pan drippings over pork, if desired. Serve applesauce in a small bowl on the side. Yields about 3 ounces of pork and 1/4 cup of applesauce per serving.