Frozen Raspberry-Peach Torte
SmartPoints® value per serving
Although this torte might take a while to make due to freezing and thawing times, the actual time spent in the kitchen is minimal.
2 cup(s), raspberry
Shortbread cookie(s) 5/8 in. square
2 cup(s), peach
- Soften raspberry sorbet in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Line an 8-inch cake pan with plastic wrap. Coarsely crush cookies and set aside.
- Spread softened sorbet evenly in pan, and sprinkle with half crushed cookies, lightly pressing them into sorbet. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Soften peach sorbet in refrigerator 15 minutes. Spread sorbet evenly over cookies. Sprinkle remaining crushed cookies over peach sorbet, lightly pressing them into sorbet. Cover again and freeze until very firm, about 1 hour.
- Combine raspberries — reserving 16 berries — water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and cook 3 minutes. Puree mixture in a blender, and then strain through a sieve.
- Remove torte from freezer. Place a cake plate over cake pan; invert. Pull edge of plastic wrap to remove torte from pan, then remove plastic. Smooth top of torte with side of knife. Cut into 8 wedges and top each wedge with 2 raspberries. Serve with raspberry sauce on side.