Frozen Peanut Butter, Caramel & Chocolate Banana Bars
3 - 5
PersonalPoints™ per serving
These easy five-ingredient “bars” are a fruit-based spin on a candy bar. Halved bananas are topped with creamy peanut butter, gooey caramel, rich chocolate, and crunchy coconut chips. They go into the freezer for a few minutes to set the chocolate—or long enough to completely freeze the fruit (for a refreshing hot-weather treat).
Powdered peanut butter
Semisweet chocolate chips
4 medium, peeled and halved lengthwise
Fat-free caramel topping
Toasted sweetened coconut chips
¼ cup(s), lightly crushed
- In a small bowl, stir together the powdered peanut butter and ¼ cup water until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick to spread, stir in more water ¼ teaspoon at a time.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high until the chocolate melts, 1 to 1½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Scrape the melted chocolate into a small zip-top plastic bag; snip a small hole in one corner of the bag.
- Arrange the banana halves, cut side up, on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spread the peanut butter evenly over the bananas; drizzle evenly with the caramel, then with the melted chocolate. Sprinkle the coconut over the top.
- Place the sheet pan in the freezer; freeze until the chocolate is set, at least 15 minutes. Store in the freezer for up to a week.
- Serving size: 1 topped banana half