Frosted Banana Bread Muffins
Unpacked brown sugar
3 large, or 4 medium, mashed
1 tsp, grated
Fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 18 mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add egg and mix until incorporated.
- Add the mashed bananas, vanilla, and lemon zest. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Working quickly, add the dry ingredients to mixer in thirds, until thick batter forms. Try not to overmix the batter.
- Divide batter among muffin pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack to cool completely.
- To make frosting, blend powdered sugar and lemon juice together. Drizzle over cooled muffins. Garnish with chopped walnuts.