"Fried" Onion Rings
2 large, Spanish, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
Olive oil cooking spray
1 spray(s), enough to coat onions
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, mustard powder and salt. Add onions and toss to coat.
- Pour buttermilk into a large bowl, add onions and toss to coat (use your hands for the best result).
- Place bread crumbs in a separate large bowl, add onions and toss to coat. Transfer onions to prepared baking sheet and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake until golden brown, 35 minutes. Serve hot. Yields about 1/2 an onion per serving.