Fresh Plum Upside Down Torte
SmartPoints® value per serving
It's too late in the season to find fresh plums? Make this delicious dessert with any soft fruit (that will keep its shape when cooked.
4 item(s), medium, pitted and halved
½ cup(s), sifted
Uncooked old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Arrange plum halves, skin side down, in bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup of sugar, until whites are stiff and glossy; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and remaining 1/3 cup of sugar until mixture is thick and pale yellow; stir in vanilla.
- Whisk 1/3 of egg-white mixture into whole-egg mixture, then fold in half of the dry ingredients. Fold in remaining whites and then remaining dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into pan and smooth top with spatula. Bake until very brown and somewhat firm, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan before removing sides and inverting torte onto a serving plate.