Fresh Pea Soup with Mint
1 cup(s), white part only, finely chopped
Canned chicken broth
Uncooked green peas
5 cup(s), fresh, shelled or 20 oz frozen baby peas
⅓ cup(s), fresh, or to taste
½ tsp(s), or more to taste
¼ pinch, freshly ground, or more to taste
- Coat a large heavy pot with cooking spray and set over medium-low heat; melt butter in pot.
- Add leeks; cook, stirring occasionally, until transparent, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in broth, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir in peas; cook until peas are tender crisp, about 3 minutes for frozen peas and 5 to 6 minutes for fresh peas.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in mint, salt and pepper. Puree soup in pot using an immersion blender (or in small batches using your blender or food processor); stir in milk. Serve warm or chilled.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.