Fluffy lemon-ricotta pancakes
White all-purpose flour
Part-skim ricotta cheese
2 item(s), large, yolks and whites separated, at room temperature
2 Tbsp, grated
- Set baking sheet on middle rack in oven and preheat to 200°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. Stir together buttermilk, ricotta, egg yolks, sugar, and lemon zest in medium bowl until blended.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites in another medium bowl until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. With rubber spatula, gently stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture just until flour mixture is moistened. Fold in beaten whites in two additions just until no white streaks remain.
- Brush oil on large nonstick griddle and set over medium heat (if using electric griddle, preheat to 375°F). Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto griddle, spacing evenly, and cook until bubbles appear along edge and pancakes are lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook until lightly browned on second side, 2–3 minutes longer, transferring pancakes to baking sheet in oven as they are done. Repeat, making total of 12 pancakes. Serve sprinkled with lemon peel strips.
- Serving size: 2 pancakes.