Flourless Banana Pancakes with Berry Maple Syrup
3 - 12
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Combining creamy bananas and eggs for these 3-ingredient pancakes (4 ingredients if you count salt) gives enough sweetness and structure to result in a fluffy flapjack. Freshly grated lemon peel in the berry syrup and the batter give a bright pop of fresh flavour. After a few batches, wipe out the skillet with with a paper towel and regrease with cooking spray to get rid of any burnt bits at the bottom of the pan.
4 medium, ripe
8 large egg(s)
1 tsp(s), plus more for garnish if desired
- Place maple syrup in a medium, microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High for 30 seconds or until simmering. Stir in berries and toss to coat. Microwave berries on High 1 minute until warm and slightly softened. Gently stir in ½ tsp lemon zest; cover and set aside.
- In medium bowl, mash bananas then stir in eggs, ½ tsp lemon zest, and salt. Sprinkle baking soda on top and with a fork, mix it in.
- Coat large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add about 2 tbsp batter into hot skillet to form each pancake. Cook until bottoms are lightly browned, about 1 ½ minutes. Flip and cook until other side is lightly browned, about 30 seconds. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Continue with remaining batter, coating pan with additional cooking spray if needed. Serve with warm berry sauce and additional lemon zest if desired.
- Serving size: 6 pancakes and ¼ cup syrup