Farmer's Market Hodge Podge
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
4¼ cup(s), divided
Cooked green beans
2 cup(s), fresh
2 medium, halved lengthwise and chopped (white part only)
Yellow summer squash
1 medium, cubed
1 cup(s), diced
Uncooked red potato(es)
2 medium, new, cubed
2 tbsp(s), chopped, fresh
1 tsp(s), and ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine green beans, asparagus, leeks, yellow squash, carrots, and potatoes.
- Add 4 cups of the chicken broth and bay leaves and set pan over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and simmer 8 minutes, until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/4 cup of chicken broth and add to pan.
- Simmer 2 minutes until liquid thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaves and stir in parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.