Farfalle with shrimp and pesto
⅛ tsp(s), for cooking pasta
2 cup(s), fresh, leaves
Grated Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp(s), such as Parmigiano-Reggiano
4 tsp(s), extra-virgin, divided
3 clove(s), large, 2 left whole and 1 minced
1½ tsp(s), freshly grated
8 oz, farfalle (bowtie) recommended
8 oz, about 8 extra-large, peeled, deveined and cut in half lengthwise*
1 cup(s), cut in half
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, process basil, water, cheese, walnuts, 1 tablespoon oil, 2 whole garlic cloves, zest and salt until finely minced; set aside.
- When water comes to a boil, add pasta and cook as package directs until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- A few minutes before pasta will be done, heat remaining teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and minced garlic; sauté until shrimp is just cooked through and tomatoes begin to soften, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet with shrimp mixture. Off heat, add pesto and toss to coat. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.