Everything Pigs in Blankets
Our favourite two-ingredient dough (made from self-rising flour and fat-free Greek yogurt) is rolled out, cut into strips, wrapped around pieces of turkey hot dogs, and sprinkled with everything seasoning. The dough bakes to a lovely golden brown color, with a slightly crisp biscuit-like texture. If you’re not a fan of everything seasoning, you can simply omit it or substitute another dried seed or spice that you like—such as sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or Aleppo pepper.
Simply Organic Everything seasoning blend
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Turkey hot dog(s)
6 item(s), each cut into 4 pieces
1 large, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and yogurt. Stir well with a wooden spoon until just combined and then keep mixing dough in bowl with your hands until smooth (about 2 minutes of kneading); let dough rest for 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 12 x 6-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1-inch strips to form 24 (3 x 1-inch) dough strips.
- Wrap 1 dough strip around each hot dog piece. Arrange on prepared baking sheet, seam side down. In a small bowl, whisk together water and egg. Brush egg mixture evenly over dough, then sprinkle evenly with seasoning.
- Bake at 425°F until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Serve warm with mustard.
- Serving size: 2 pigs in blankets and 1 tsp mustard